At Altercare, we are doing everything possible to limit the spread of COVID-19 while we support our residents and their families as well as our staff members during this time. We have adopted appropriate measures in accordance with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) as this situation advances. Our center has adopted several steps to mitigate the risk of infection in our communities. Some of these initiatives include:
- Evaluating Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) inventory daily to ensure appropriate supply is available.
- Deploying disinfection and cleaning treatments throughout the building as needed.
- When beneficial, launching negative-pressure air systems to further support infection control protocols.
- Adopting isolation protocols appropriate to patient needs and COVID-19 guidance provided by the CDC.
- Suspending non-essential patient outings and restricting communal dining.
- Re-designing resident activities to provide engaging opportunities, within appropriate social distancing guidelines.
According to guidance provided by the CDC, all residents/patients, employees and authorized vendors are screened daily for elevated temperatures and symptoms.